Our mission is to support community-identified educational improvements for youth, especially girls, in the Mara region as a way to escape poverty.
Our vision is for communities in the Mara region to support education as a way to escape poverty and improve quality of life.
- Education is the key to fighting poverty
- There is no better investment than a girl's education, because educated girls make communities stronger, families healthier, and economies more vibrant
- Education transcends the classroom and involves the whole community
- Our local partners are experts at identifying and prioritizing the needs of their communities
- Invest in educational infrastructure and resources that can be used by the whole community
- Support gender specific initiatives that work towards equitable access to education and economic development
- Support projects and programs that take an integrated approach to development
- Partner with indigenous organizations to implement projects and programs